Valledoria is a stone's throw from the sea, so it's not a problem to get to the beach even without a car. If you plan to do so, don't miss the chance to visit the camping village La Foce (http://www.foce.it/) and its facilities. Many people enjoy kitesurfing under the tutelage of local trainers, and I highly advise you to give it a try too.
If you're not really into such activities, you can always just find yourself a place at the beach near La Foce and admire the beauty of the sea. If you don't like crowded beaches, then this place is exactly what you seek. Just ask the locals to give you a ride across the river. This place, partially separated, is much calmer than the rest of the beach. Just don't forget to bring some food along and you can spend the whole day swimming, sunbathing and relaxing. Oh and the last tip - don't leave before the sunset, it's simply magnificent.
(Click on the picture to enlarge)


Well this place looks wonderful. I’m quite a foodie when I’m travelling, so Sardinia, or Italy in general is in that way a perfect place for me. You’ve mentioned ice-cream and pizza. I tasted both when I was in Italy as a kid, and I think I haven‘t had better since that day! I also don’t enjoy crowded beaches, so all in all, it sounds perfect to me. I bet I wouldn’t regret visiting such a place!
ReplyDelete