Thursday, 3 October 2013

About me

Well..hello everyone. My name is Ondra (which is equivalent of Andrew), I'm 23, studying the second year at the University of Pardubice, and I HATE BLOGS ! For the last 8 years, I've been thinking I would never need to create a blog or a social network profile. How terribly wrong I was.. But you see, variety is spice of life. Why not to give it a go ? Anyway, let's go back to my introduction. I have no real interests apart from my friends, PC and my dog. Maybe there are few more other, but these deffinitely take up most of my free time.

I've been learning English since I was 5. Quite a long time, huh ? The thing is I'm quite lazy in terms of studying and stuff, so I haven’t made that much of a progress most people would do. I think about myself more as of a passive learner (which is quite a good phrase to hide my lazyness). Watching series, movies, reading, playing video games, that’s my daily bread. Wondering what series am I watching ? Well, at the moment just a few – The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and Sons of Anarchy. The last one gives me chills during almost every episode. One of the best series I’ve ever seen, that’s for sure.

When I mentioned I’m 23, you might have started wondering what the heck am I doing in the second year.. well, the story is not really interesting. I was expelled from an IT-oriented secondary school because of an Electrical Engineering subject (not my cup of tea), so I spent 4 more years on a Business Academy, where I finally passed a school-leaving examination. I was unsure (not that I’m not now) about what I wanted to do, so I spent the following year on a private language school in Náchod. The best year of my studies by far. The money was well worth it. At the end of a school year in Náchod, I took an FCE exam, which I managed to pass with A grade. That was quite a good signal, so I decided to give it a try on a university. I was accepted in both Hradec Králové and Pardubice, but seeing I was on the very top of the final score chart of entrance examinations in Hradec, I decided for Pardubice, just to have the studies more challenging. And here I am. Failing no but one subject, I managed to get through the first year. I just hope I will have more luck with Academic Writing this time. We will see.


That’s pretty much about it for today, I typed much more than I intended to, so let’s call it a day. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment