Hi again guys. As you may remember, last time I mentioned one of my most favourite shows, actually the best one I watch at the moment, Sons of Anarchy.
It is an American TV show created by Kurt Sutter, which has been running since September, 2008. It is about the motorcycle crew and their club called SAMCRO (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Original). This show stars many well-known people, e.g. Charlie Hunnam (Green Street Hooligans, Pacific Rim), Katey Sagal (Married With Children), Tommy Flanaggan (Braveheart, Gladiator), or a new addition since season 5, Jimmy Smits (Star Wars prequel, Dexter).
The show started quite slowly and clumsily, mainly because both Sutter and actors were not really sure about what to expect (or that is at least how it seemed), but every following season was better and better. The script became deeper and more detailed, slowly uncovering the stories behind the characters, which you start to either love or hate.
Season 6 premiered a month ago, on the September 10, and so far keeps the high standards I got used to during the 4th and mainly 5th season. There are strong moments that make you either cry or laugh (not joking, I really mean it - you will agree once you watch the 5th season). All actors, especially Charlie Hunnam and Jimmy Smits, do a wonderful job and the show as a whole is a pleasure to watch.
If you don't have anything particular against the bikers and have 40 minutes of spare time each week, I strongly recommend you to give this show a chance. You won't regret it.
The rating on IMDB is 8.5 / 10. I will go even further and give it 9 / 10. Best show ever !
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1124373/
The last thing I would like to mention is that I intended to review something let's say more "current". But then I realised that the last movie I saw was The Hobbit, and that was almost a year ago ! So I picked one of the ongoing series I watch. Once I see a good new movie, I will try to write something about it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment