Monday, 18 November 2013

Lying

What should one say about it.. We all lie. No, don't think about it. We simply do. Be it nodding when we are not really listening, agreeing to a total nonsense just because we're not in the mood to think about it, or something we completely make up to cover things we don't want others to know. It's all the same - a lie.

What usually differs from person to person is the way they approach the lies. Someone can see right through your lies, someone cannot lie at all. Everyone is different. This approach is probably created by the way you are brought up and by the people affecting your life. I myself, for example, have been given an ability to lie at will, but also enough self-esteem so as not to never do that. All lies I say are to soothe, comfort or compliment, but hardly ever to cover the truth itself.

The movie I was watching in the morning was called "The Invention of Lying". Great a movie. I've seen it before, but I didn't really remember it. Now, I have to admit I was laughing hard several times. The whole idea of being a sole man in the world able to lie is ridiculous. A combination of a brilliant british accent and a witty humour really made my day. The only thing I didn't like was the //SPOILER ALERT// death of Mark's mom, even though I'm probably just way too empathic about this one.// All in all, I enjoyed the movie and the very last scene was just icing on a cake. I strongly recommend you to watch it too.


So what was the point of this ? Maybe I just lied. Or not. Of course not. Or did I ? No, no way I would lie just because I wanted to. You see guys, lie if you can comfort someone, if it helps. Lie to make people feel better. I will do the same.


Richard Bellison: [surprised by the homeowner during a burglary] What are you doing here? It's Monday at noon. You're not supposed to be home now!
Man at the Door: If you must know, I'm incredibly stressed at work, I've come home early, I'm having a bit of me-time. More importantly, what are you doing?
Richard Bellison: Well, I was gonna rob your house.
Man at the Door: I don't like that idea. Not a fan of that at all.
Richard Bellison: I'm not gonna do it now, because you're in.
Man at the Door: Do you know what's gonna happen? I'm gonna call the police, you're gonna be arrested.
Richard Bellison: Well, I'm just gonna leave, and you don't know my name.
Man at the Door: What is your name?
Richard Bellison: Richard Bellison.

No comments:

Post a Comment