I don't really like to find myself in position of a judge, but this time it won't be so difficult.
Our JAC seminars this semester were easily the best ones we've had so far. No exaggeration. There was more than enough space for the so important speaking, good topics one really had to think about were discussed, we went through lots of grammar and we SANG. Now this might be just an irrelevant fact for someone, but this is not a high school where everybody would just sit and stare into the ceiling until it was over, no, nothing like that. Here, at university, most people really enjoy it and they appreciate it. It can really improve one's mood in the morning.
Criticism and corrections during our seminars were well accepted, as they were really helpful. What I also appreciated was sense of humour, which is probably the most important thing, as it made (makes) the students want to speak and be (at least a bit) more active.
One thing I am quite sceptical of is this very blog. I've never wanted to create it, but it's still better than being obliged to write everything by hand. If there is any improvement ? God knows. I can't see it myself. Maybe if the way these blogs are written was a part of a final mark, everyone (including me) would pay more attention to what they are writing.
If I was to rate these seminars on a scale from 0 to 10, where 10 is the best one, I would say its about 9 - 9.2. Great job. Keep it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment