Sunday, 16 March 2014

3D Street Painting



DO YOU SEE IT ?! It's just freakin' awesome ! I simply cannot understand how the painter managed to do something like this. I've seen several paintings on the pavements from all around the world (unfortunately none of them personally), but this one is one of my very favourites.

How would you react if someone asked you to close your eyes, brought you right in front of it, told you to open them and, at the same moment, pushed you forward? I don't know about you, but it would scare the crap out of ME. That's how realistic it seems to me. Of course, you would have to make the person stand at the photographer's place to make the most out of it, but still.. it's one hell of a picture.

Does anyone know what kind of colors they use ? Because, you know, they cover the surface really well. I doubt it could be done with just a piece of chalk or something.

I also love the rope on the right side, which imo somehow "connects" the painting with reality. The man pretending to be holding the rope is just an icing on the cake.

Of course, when you look reeeeally carefully, you can see joints between the tiles, but you will never notice that at first glance. I would like to see one of these in person, in the future, y'know.

If you like it as I do, you can see other good ones here: http://www.heinmaas.com/3d-anamorphic-street-paintings/

Andrew out.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! im just looking at the paintings now. i can't believe some of them! they're so real, it's amazing! people who make those are true artists and shadow masters because shadow is the most important part of it, i believe. it makes me want to be able to draw. sadly, that's something you have to be born with and even if not, the opportunity to learn it is long gone for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those paintings are so amazing! I've already seen some of them on the internet before but I will never stop being astonished. I am really curious how such a painting is made – I mean the angle with which it must be painted so that it would appear 3D to you. It is truly a piece of artwork. You know what I like the most about it? It is very cleverly situated – not many people visit galleries these days – but this one being on a street is constantly admired and appreciated…

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE! these are awesome! it blows my mind every time i see one of these on the internet! I used to draw a lot. Usually it'd just be a random doodling of lady parts. I still wish i could draw something that you could look at and feel like you've accomplished smthing, much like the one you've got right there! I'd imagine that hiring a guy who could do smthing like that might cost you a real bunch of money!

    ReplyDelete