Sunday, 23 March 2014

Lost In Translation



Well, I've watched the whole movie and I can't believe it. NOTHING HAPPENED!! Like.. nothing. I don't mean plot-wise, the plot itself was quite good, but between Bob and Charlotte! I know I know, he had a wife and two children waiting for him at home and whatnot, but still.. I have to admit I was amazed by strength of his will. Good job there.

By the way, the cleavage..umm, no, not that. What I want to talk about is a contrast between the US and Japanese cultures, which is really immense. Yes, yes, that's correct. Like in the scene where she was walking through a penny arcade or whatever it was - Charlotte looked almost as much astonished as I did. Or when Bob accepted the invitation to the show. He once again showed some nerves there, as I'd have had to punch the host had I been in Bob's position. And what kind of movie taking place in Japan it would be without karaoke, right ? It was there. Everything was there - an unhappy marriage, Japanese incompetent translators, colorful shows and Whiskey. What else can you possibly demand from a movie ?

I also liked Bob's frank opinion 'bout marriage and parenthood. I liked it to such extent that I have to quote Bob here - "It's the most terrifying day of your life the day the first one is born."

And there you go. Long story short - the movie was pretty good, but not as much as I'd expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment