Sunday, 30 March 2014

TV



What to say about TV.. Simply put, it's a regular and inseparable part of our lives. But what do we use it for? Entertainment? Learning? Killing time? Development of our characters? I doubt even a scientists could answer this one.

For me the TV is a source of very small pieces of general knowledge, be it a good TV series, the news full of crap on the Nova channel, or something a bit more serious (BBC / CNN, Discovery, etc.). One learns something new every day. At least I do. Probably because I prefer documentaries and serious news to some silly series. I could watch documentaries about nature or animals all day. It also helps a lot with languages, which is a big advantage of our generation. I hardly ever watch the TV, though. Usually, I just listen to it and focus on something else.

Which is another thing I use the TV for. When it's on, you have the feeling that you're not alone in the room - and that's cool. After all, who wants to have that feeling of loneliness? I don't do this as often as I did before I got my dog, but still pretty regularly.

Thinking about it, I don't really use TV for entertainment that much, just on specific occasions when I get a new movie or something and I want to watch it with my brother or the whole family. Mmm. An interesting discovery.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with the idea of collecting pieces of general information. unfortunately i don't watch tv at home. I only get to see the news when i'm at work. now that i think about it i'm at work all the time so i guess i'm good there ;) OH YEAH documentaries are really cool too. not that i'd specifically go watch tv when a certain documentary is on, but when i'm at work or at home sick to my stomach i prefer to learn something rather than feel sorry for myself.

    ReplyDelete