Tuesday, 22 October 2013

English and Me

Where should I start with this..it all began during my years in the kindergarten, where I was offered the first choice between English and German. I picked English, I don't really remember why, probably because of my parents.

At that time and during my studies at the primary school, it was more of a duty, nothing I would particularly enjoy. This somehow changed when I was expelled from the secondary school I had been attending. English as a subject was much more relaxed at the Business Academy, and I started enjoying it. I played the games, chatted with guys from all over the world in there, started to watch the movies, although I needed subtitles at that time, and it become natural part of me.

These days, I use it every day when I read forums, websites, leaflets, manuals, guides and so on. I don't chat that often anymore, as I really had to cut down the time I spend playing video games, but it is definitely something worth mentioning. It is now something I can't imagine my life without, something that allows me to watch my favourite movies without subtitles, allows me to understand the jokes which are hard to translate, and do other useful things I enjoy doing. But my English is far from perfect and the long way of improving lies ahead. Let's hope I can keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment