Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Social commentary

Hi there. Even though I made last entry just yesterday (was it yesterday ?), I would like to comment on current social situation in the Czech Republic. And what could be a better topic than the upcoming parliamentary elections ?

These days are full of empty promises as all the parties try to make people vote for them. They are promising better living conditions for everyone, as if it was something you could change instantly just by talking about it. It's quite funny.. Or sad ? As usual, it's not that easy to distinguish between these.

I am not really sure yet who should I vote for, but I will have to carefuly think it through. They won't get my vote that easily. I need to thouroughly read their election programmes and make a right decision, which in this case means the one I won't be ashamed of. People ask me every day about my vote, who will get it, but who will THEY vote for ?

As I know people, they will choose the lesser of two evils. I must admit that this time, it is really difficult to make a right choice. But you see, still better than doing nothing. It will at least give us, people whose parties are not elected, the right to criticise the situation that I suppose will follow. We will see. With Zeman as a president, I somehow can't imagine the situation being worse, so I am quite wondering what the election results are going to look like. As I said before, we will see.

That's probably about it again. See you next time.

Oh and by the way, don't forget to vote !



No comments:

Post a Comment